NORWALK, Conn., Oct. 10, 2018 – Xerox channel partners can boost recurring post-sale revenue with new ConnectKey® apps, along with software templates and an e-commerce model that help them create, market and sell their own apps.
“Xerox’s ConnectKey apps and technology up-level the conversation for our channel partners, which can open up new business opportunities and revenue streams,” said Pete Peterson, president, Xerox Channels.
New App Gallery open for business
The e-commerce functionality now available in the Xerox App Gallery opens up a global marketplace for channel partners – making it easier to browse, deploy and purchase apps. Plus, channel partners can now share in the revenue when their clients purchase an app.
Developing custom apps has been simplified with templates available in the gallery. This offers an important entry point for partners embarking on the development journey and those interested in leveraging the power of apps to drive more business. No programming experience is necessary for these templates; for partners more skilled in app development, software developer kits are available for further customization.
JustTech’s owner, Joshua Justice, the first Xerox-certified Personalized Application Builder in the U.S., can attest to the business value of apps, having installed more than 40,000 of his own globally, earning more than $1 million in app licensing fees.
Justice believes the new App Gallery is an advantage for partners noting: “Now document technology providers and IT resellers can focus on where we deliver the most value – developing custom solutions for our customers, not creating the back-end commerce piece.”
New apps simplify work
With Xerox’s latest app collection, channel partners can offer their clients work-around solutions to labor-intense, time-consuming activities. ConnectKey-enabled devices, including the Xerox VersaLink® and Xerox AltaLink® series, are the launch pads for apps such as:
- Xerox Connect App for Salesforce: access to Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management system right at the multifunction printer (MFP); upload and share sales management information to client folders by scanning the documents directly into Salesforce.
- Xerox Audio Documents App: securely transforms hard copy documents into audio files allowing commuters, multitaskers, or audio enthusiasts to listen on the go instead of reading.
- Xerox Connect App for QuickBooks Online: offers a hassle-free expense reimbursement process with multi-receipt scanning. Receipt data is extracted into an expense report that can be submitted with notifications sent to reviewers for timely approval. For Concur users, a similar receipt management app will be available by year’s end.
- Xerox Forms Manager App: simplifies management of multiple forms while reducing paper-based filing risks. With intelligent routing capabilities via embedded QR codes, scanned forms are automatically routed to the appropriate email address.
- Xerox Quick Link App: enables a fast start to printing without IT support. This intuitive app sends an email directly from the device containing appropriate links to install, and connects computers or mobile devices with the drivers and configuration settings.
Partners can also take advantage of apps and solutions geared to the education sector including:
- Xerox Connect App for Blackboard: provides access to an industry-leading learning management system; documents are digitized and stored into their Blackboard Learn account from the MFP.
- Xerox Connect App for Remark Test Grading: simplifies grading of bubble tests with the ability to print answer sheets, scan completed sheets back in for automated grading, and email students their grades or print the results right at the device.
- Xerox Proofreader Service: checks for writing elements in the English language, such as spelling, grammar, style and plagiarism.
- Xerox and SRC Inc.’s Gateway Capture to Student Information System: streamlines digitizing student records into mandatory K-12 information systems.
Xerox’s newest ConnectKey-enabled apps will be added to the Xerox App Gallery in select geographies between fourth quarter 2018 and first quarter 2019.
Stay on top of the latest industry news. Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to firstname.lastname@example.org