LONG BEACH, Calif. – Dec. 19, 2019 – Thanks to smartphones, consumers are turning into creative photographers, instantaneously capturing, editing and sharing memories across social channels. This surge in capturing priceless moments is accompanied by a growing desire to preserve tangible copies, with 46 percent of U.S. millennials printing pictures at home1. Epson today unveiled a photo printing solution designed for nostalgic crafters, families and photo enthusiasts looking to bring their memories to life – the Expression® Photo XP-8600 Small-in-One® Printer. The latest compact and versatile DIY tool in Epson’s lineup, the XP-8600 is ideal for turning your most-liked images into true-to-life prints.
“People today value experiences and capturing memorable moments to share with friends and family. We’ve seen a resurgence in photo printing, offering people a personal, tangible experience when sharing memories in addition to posting and sharing digitally across social channels,” said Haol Yao, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “The latest addition to the Expression lineup gives both photo and DIY enthusiasts an easy-to-use tool to share their favorite memories with high-quality, true-to-life prints.”
The Expression Photo XP-8600 comes equipped with a wide color range and specialty media support2 for a variety of creative projects, such as personalized gifts and custom cards. Featuring six-color Claria® Photo HD inks, including Light Cyan and Light Magenta, the Expression Photo XP-8600 creates exceptional images with smooth gradations and amazing skin tones. This DIY solution also supports a range of specialty media2 for versatile printing, even directly on CDs and DVDs.
Designed with convenience in mind, the Expression Photo XP-8600 delivers vibrant 4” x 6” photos in as fast as 10 seconds3 and includes easy-to-use tools for red-eye removal, photo restoration and photo editing with the large 4.3” touchscreen. Compatible with Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant, users can print from virtually anywhere in the home with hands-free, voice activated printing4 or use the built-in USB and memory card slots5 for easy PC-free printing.
More About the Expression Photo XP-8600
An ideal tool for crafters, the Expression Photo XP-8600 is compatible with the Epson Creative Print mobile app where users can design and print stationery, cards, CD photo albums, and more. Additional features include:
- Professional-quality, borderless photos up to 8″ x 10″ — 6-color Claria Photo HD Inks deliver smooth gradations and amazing skin tones
- Ultra-fast printing — 4″ x 6″ photos in as fast as 10 seconds3
- Special media support for versatile printing — rear paper feed accommodates specialty paper2; plus, print directly onto CD/DVDs
- Hands-free, voice-activated printing4 — print a variety of creative projects and everyday documents, including your to-do and shopping lists
- Designed for convenience — easy PC-free printing with 4.3″ touchscreen, built-in USB and memory card slots5
- Easily adjust photos — includes tools for red-eye removal, photo restoration and more
- Epson Creative Print mobile app — easily print photos and create custom cards, stationery and more
- Wireless and router-free — designed for easy printing from your iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ mobile devices, tablets and more6; includes Wi-Fi Direct®7 for router-free printing
- Powerful photo all-in-one — fast performance in a compact, space-saving design
- Scan and share — scan to the cloud for easy photo sharing8
Pricing and Availability
The Epson Expression Photo XP-8600 Small-in-One ($249.99) is now available through major retail stores nationwide and at Epson’s retail site, www.epsonstore.com. For more information, please visit www.epson.com.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Xerox Reveals Suite of Production Print Innovations to Address Industry Demand - November 18, 2020
- InkCycle’s Rick Krska to Appear at Senate Hearing on Manufacturing Industry and COVID-19 Pandemic - November 16, 2020
- Stramaglio Consulting Announces Partnership With Offsite Office Equipment Storage - November 13, 2020