LAKE FOREST, Calif., December 9, 2019 — Affirming its long-standing commitment to employee wellbeing, Toshiba America Business Solutions today announces its compliance to the stringent ISO 45001 standard within its toner manufacturing facility in Mitchell, S.D.
ISO 45001 is an occupational health and safety standard which follows other generic management system specifications including ISO 14001 and ISO 9001. National Standards Authority of Ireland certified Toshiba’s ISO 45001 compliance.
“Meeting this rigorous ISO standard underscores our commitment to ensure all of our employees work in the safest environment possible,” Toshiba America Business Solutions President and Chief Executive Officer Scott Maccabe stated. “We will continue to strive to go above and beyond current international standards to maintain an exceedingly safe and comfortable workplace for all Toshiba employees.”
Toshiba is also implementing many safety requirements extending beyond ISO 45001, which include:
- Personal protective equipment such as safety glasses for anyone entering the company’s toner manufacturing area
- Hearing protection for those spending a least 30 minutes on the Toshiba shop floor
- Respirators for employees working with nanometer-size particles
“It is a compliment to the management and staff of Toshiba to demonstrate compliance in such a proactive manner,” said National Standards Authority of Ireland Chief Executive Officer Geraldine Larkin. “This shows incredible commitment to the safety and wellbeing of their employees.”
Toshiba’s toner manufacturing facility is the primary and longtime (33 years) global supplier of color toner for the company’s industry-recognized e-STUDIO™ copiers. The expansive 25-acre campus – producing more than 59,508 U.S. tons of toner – employs more than 100 people in the Mitchell area.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Monitor Honors Tawnya Stone Among Top 50 Women in Leasing - January 16, 2020
- Epson Debuts First Industrial Direct-to-Garment Printer - January 16, 2020
- Kelley Imaging Systems Acquires Tongass Business Center - January 15, 2020