Calgary, Alberta – February 16, 2016 – Print Audit, along with 29 dealer and distribution partners, has completed a 12 week Executive Council for the development of a viable Seat Based Billing (SBB) model for Managed Print. SBB for MPS has been designed as an alternative to the highly commoditized CPP billing method currently employed by the industry. SBB offers stronger protection of dealer profits while at the same time delivering additional savings for customers through efficiency improvements.
One of Print Audit’s key missions is to “Save the office equipment industry” and SBB will help to deliver on this. Declining pages per user, fracturing OEM stability, increased competitive pressures and the commoditization of the traditional CPP model are forcing the office equipment industry to develop a new business model for the future of Managed Print. The SBB Executive Council has come up with a model that will drive a new era of MPS.
“The existing CPP model for MPS has been around for over 15 years and dealers have been looking for new ways to grow their businesses in challenging times.” stated West McDonald, Vice President of Business Development for Print Audit. “SBB will give office equipment dealers a way to increase their total profits while shutting out less advanced competitors. We are all very excited to have completed a viable SBB model so that progressive dealers can start taking advantage of SBB today.”
Seat Based Billing comes with a host of benefits for both dealers and end-users alike:
– 100% budgetable printing costs: No more counting. A fixed monthly fee per user for managed print.
– Cost reduction through workflow improvements: Delivers customer savings while increasing dealer total profits.
– Unified billing: The same billing model for MPS, Managed IT Services, and DMS.
– Improved security: User-based accounting and print tracking.
The SBB Executive Council was created at the Top 100 Summit. The Top 100 Summit is an event where dealer principals gather to build and refine the business model of the future. To learn more about SBB and to see if you are eligible to attend the exclusive Top 100 Summit, visit http://www.printaudit.com/top100
Latest posts by News (see all)
- HP Announces Partner & Customer Relief Initiatives - April 2, 2020
- Kazuto Ogawa Assumes Role as President and CEO of Canon U.S.A., Inc. - April 1, 2020
- Xerox Ends HP Bid - March 31, 2020