(DENVER/BERLIN, May 16, 2017) ThinPrint, the experts in optimizing printing processes in virtual environments, today announced its new ThinPrint Desktop Agent for workstations. In addition to providing the leading print solution for virtual environments, ThinPrint now assures high-availability print output for office printing with Windows PCs and laptops.Together with the ThinPrint Engine, it enables users to leverage failover printing, as well as other proven ThinPrint features when working locally with workstations.
“With the new ThinPrint Desktop Agent our customers have access to high availability and print optimization that covers their entire office printing environment,” said Thorsten Hesse, chief product officer at ThinPrint. “Whether users are working in the office at their desktops, remotely with their laptops, using virtual desktops, or any mix of applications – high availability, fast printing and minimal support required is now always guaranteed.”
An industry standard for more than 15 years, ThinPrint is the go-to source for optimizing printing in virtual environments – whether based on Microsoft Terminal Server or modern, virtual desktop-as-a-service environments (DaaS). With the release of the ThinPrint Desktop Agent for workstations, the benefits of fast and reliable print delivery alongside drastically reduced support needs are now available for all enterprises and users without virtualized environments.
With the new Desktop Agent, if a print server or printer fails – or if there are problems with printer mapping – employees at all workstations can still print reliably with ThinPrint’s comprehensive,multi-level concept for high availability. Companies are also able tosecure their business continuity and close the gap left by the loss of print server clusters, which were previously offered by Windows Server 2012.
ThinPrint Desktop Agent also provides an array of valuable ThinPrint Engine features, which are already used successfully by more than 25,000 companies. These include:
- ThinPrint AutoConnect, which allows printers to be clearly and easily mapped according to users and machines. This ensures that users always have the right printer available.
- ThinPrint’s Printer Self Service feature, which creates a faster, more productive work flow when activated by an IT department. A simple printer search empowers employees to find printers with specific printing options or, with the use of a clearly designed app, they can discover newly available printers.
- ThinPrint Printer Repair, which enables users to take the first steps to resolve simple malfunctions directly at the printer.
- ThinPrint Output Gateway, a virtual print driver that guaranteesfast and simple print output with minimal administrative effort, while fully preventing driver conflicts.
An overview of the available advantages for both virtual and physical desktops can be found in the feature matrix at https://www.thinprint.com/en/resources-support/brochures/feature-matrix/
For licensed ThinPrint Engine users, the Desktop Agent can be downloaded free of charge at the ThinPrint website.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Monitor Honors Tawnya Stone Among Top 50 Women in Leasing - January 16, 2020
- Epson Debuts First Industrial Direct-to-Garment Printer - January 16, 2020
- Kelley Imaging Systems Acquires Tongass Business Center - January 15, 2020