Ridgefield Park, NJ – Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is announcing U.S. availability for its Smart UX Software Developer Kit (SDK), taking customization to a new level for Android features on Samsung’s Multifunction Printers (MFPs). This easy to use, Android™ based tool enables in-house developers, independent software vendors and value added resellers to develop customized Android applications for office Samsung MFPs that will improve productivity and efficiency in the workplace.
“Samsung continues to provide easy to deploy, convenient solutions to maintain leadership in the printing market and anticipates the ever-changing needs of businesses today, particularly as the workforce goes mobile,” said Matt Smith, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Printing Solutions, Samsung Electronics America. “We created the Smart UX SDK as a part of the Android-based Smart UX Center to encourage developers to make use of the extensive MFP printer capabilities that can be customized to increase business workflow. The easy to use printer interface mounted on the device yields an unmatched user experience.”
Simple to Use, Easy to Deploy Tool for Customizing Print Needs
Individual firms and organizations can further expand printer functions based on their specific business needs. In addition, developers have the ability to expand the markets they are able to sell and improve workflow. The Smart UX SDK provides a comprehensive suite of features to allow application developers to integrate features such as copying, scanning, and printing into secure Android applications. With numerous easy to use, easy to deploy Android-based APIs, the optimized apps will improve productivity and efficiency.
The Android-based interface allows users to download apps, similar to mobile use, for quick touch actions, while the Smart UX Simulator allows users to explore a broad range of options through sample scenarios and test their app before installation. The apps submitted are evaluated and registered at the Samsung Printing App Center, a service for users to easily download and use Android apps (or XOA apps) for Samsung printers.
Time Saving Benefits of Smart UX SDK
Slow moving system updates and the switching of firmware are eliminated with quick download of an app. Workflows are optimized through the installation of apps tailored to the specific business needs. The fast action downloading also eliminates any pain points when it comes to integrating additional functionalities into printer applications.
Print Applications in Smart UX Center
The Android based Smart UX Center serves as a platform for mobile apps to expand their existing printer functions tailored to customer needs. There are currently 10 printer apps and two widgets that can be downloaded directly to the printer from the Samsung Printing App Center.
Available apps include:
• Workbook Composer: With Workbook Composer, users can drag and crop one part of the document from the full document and print or save it to a folder, email or other designated locations. This app is particularly useful in educational and legal settings, when using many different sources, or compiling information scattered across various files.
• HanCom Office: HanCom Office allows users to view and edit Office and Hwp files directly at the printer. With the Smart UX Center, the entire process as seamless as working from a tablet.
• Smart Color Manager: Smart Color Manager makes it easy for users to manage the color settings directly at the printer. This app is especially helpful while using the office printer to create brochures or designs. Users can check and fine tune the color table before printing, or create and save a color profile of the company’s color scheme.
Users can also create customizable widgets with the mounted tablet. These built-in widgets can check quickly toner levels, printing volumes or see key device information such as the IP name.
Samsung recently received the coveted Monochrome Printer/MFP Line of the Year Award for the second consecutive year, along with five awards for Outstanding Achievement at the 2015 Buyers Laboratory (BLI) Winter Awards. The Samsung Smart UX SDK is available now for download at the Samsung Developer Site. For more information about Samsung’s current printer lineup, please visit www.samsung.com/business.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- New EFI Engage Conference in 2021 to Deliver World-Class Print and Packaging Education Program - August 5, 2020
- LDI Acquires CTVI - August 5, 2020
- Safetrust and ELATEC Deliver Touchless Mobile Access Solution to Customers - August 5, 2020