Ontario, Canada – PrintFleet Inc., a global leader in managed print software (MPS) and data-driven solutions, announced today that they have joined the United National Global Compact. The Global Compact is a voluntary initiative that works with organizations in the realms of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption to help the global marketplace to be more socially and economically inclusive. It is the world’s largest global corporate sustainability initiative, with over 8,000 companies and 4,000 non-business participants based in over 160 countries.
Corporate sustainability begins with a company’s value system and a principled approach to doing business. The guiding principles of Global Compact reinforce a corporate culture of integrity. As a Global Compact participant, PrintFleet is committed to incorporating the following ten principles in its strategies, culture and day-to-day operations in order to promote corporate sustainability:
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
“With offices in Zürich, Amsterdam, London, Versailles, KY and Kingston, Ontario, Canada, PrintFleet is an organization that not only acts globally, but thinks globally, which is why we are thrilled to participate in and support the United Nations Global Compact initiative,” said Chris McFarlane, President & CEO, PrintFleet. “Managed print services and indeed the imaging industry as a whole operates on a large, often global scale, from manufacturing to distribution to sales. In these endeavors and all aspects of our business, it is imperative we promote and maintain corporate sustainability in order to become better corporate citizens as well as global citizens.”
PrintFleet connects businesses by providing timely, reliable data, facilitating actionable information that enables automation of processes within the imaging industry – the industrialization of our industry. Industry-leading print management solutions range from simple rapid assessment to advanced, managed services offering unparalleled agnostic data collection, analysis and back-end support. Available in multiple languages, PrintFleet solutions empower OEMs, resellers and distributors in over 100 countries to solve business challenges and foster growth. Additional information about PrintFleet can be found at printfleet.com. Twitter: @PrintFleet.
About the United Nations Global Compact
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to voluntarily align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take actions in support of UN goals, including the Millennium Development Goals. Endorsed by chief executives, the UN Global Compact is a leadership platform for the development, implementation, and disclosure of responsible corporate policies and practices. Launched in 2000, it is largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world – with over 8,000 signatories based in more than 135 countries. For more information: www.unglobalcompact.org.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Konica Minolta Partners with Loadbalancer.org for Workflow and MPS Applications - January 6, 2021
- Canon U.S.A., Inc., is Honored with Two 2020 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards - January 5, 2021
- Epson Announces New Desktop Document Scanners Designed for Maximum Productivity and Seamless Organization - January 5, 2021