MELBOURNE, Australia, Nov. 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — On November 21, PaperCut makes its established mobile and BYOD printing feature, PaperCut Mobility Print, a free standalone product.
Mobility Print lets businesses and schools implement easy printing from Chromebooks, Android, iOS, macOS and Windows devices in any combination – no fees, subscriptions, or extra software needed.
Previously only available as part of PaperCut NG and MF (PaperCut’s print management solutions), Mobility Print now empowers more people to join a worldwide user base of over 10 million enjoying easy-to-use, any-device printing.
“We hate seeing people waste time on something so essential as setting up printers,” says Product Manager Willem Groenewald. “Mobility Print is our gift to give time back to millions without having to jump into the deep end of print management, or pay extra.”
Mobility Print focuses on being powerfully simple and usable, with key benefits including:
- automatic printer and driver installation to enable printing from Chromebooks, Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows devices
- printing via the device’s native interface in any application
- easy self-setup to let users find shared network printers without relying on IT
- continuous updates pushed on release to reduce ongoing maintenance.
“We work closely with Google to optimize printing on Chromebooks. They’re a top seller in education, with many enterprise businesses adopting them as well, so we wanted the experience to be second to none,” Willem says.
A Mobility Print update in early 2020 will also let users print over the internet and/or from untrusted guest networks by sending print jobs via PaperCut’s cloud service – completely compressed, encrypted and free.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- New EFI Engage Conference in 2021 to Deliver World-Class Print and Packaging Education Program - August 5, 2020
- LDI Acquires CTVI - August 5, 2020
- Safetrust and ELATEC Deliver Touchless Mobile Access Solution to Customers - August 5, 2020