MALVERN, Pa., Jan. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Ricoh today unveiled a new 42 (monochrome) and 36 (full-color) pages per minute multifunction product (MFP) providing a powerful set of essential information mobility features designed to seamlessly support the new world of work.
Ideal for corporate workgroups or environments with limited space, including doctors' offices, real estate offices and retail environments, the new RICOH MP C406 produces sharp, brilliant documents up to 8.5 x 14 inches while offering impressive features, such as an intuitive standard tablet-style interface, mobile printing, cloud connectivity and the newest authentication capabilities. With standard duplexing and capacity for up to 1,350 sheets of various-sized media, it packs a wealth of productivity into one of the smallest footprints in its performance class.
"People work differently these days," said John Brophy, Vice President, Product Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation. "They want to print from mobile devices, grab important documents from the cloud, scan paper documents to all kinds of destinations, and do it all through the tablet-style experience that most customers have become accustomed to. The RICOH MP C406 delivers everything an information worker hopes for in an MFP experience."
The RICOH MP C406's Smart Operation Panel, now a standard feature, lets users drag, drop, pinch, flick and swipe to capture, transform and manage business information more effectively. The embedded Web browser easily connects users to the Internet, including Ricoh's Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE).
The RICOH MP C406 offers standard near field communication (NFC) technology, allowing users of smartphones and tablets with NFC capabilities to access the MFP and send print jobs from their mobile devices with the Ricoh Smart Device Connector App. An optional NFC card reader also allows users to simply swipe their company issued NFC-enabled ID card at the MFP for quicker authentication.
Other advanced features include:
• Poster copy, which lets users transform a standard-size document into a poster created by combining nine sheets together.
• Silent mode for printing quietly in open areas, such as hospitals, libraries and meeting rooms.
• Device software manager, a PC-based tool that simplifies and automates printer driver installation and updates.
• An embedded app for simple ID card copying.
• A standard hard disk drive and embedded Java enables optional extended features.
• Power consumption that's among the lowest in the industry.
Manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) is $5,745.
For details on Ricoh's full line of products, services and solutions, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Centric Business Systems Celebrates 30 Years in Business - September 17, 2020
- Canon U.S.A. Helps Bridge the Document Workflow Divide between the Corporate Office and the Home Office - September 17, 2020
- Konica Minolta Approves RELYCO’s REVLAR Substrates for Use on Its AccurioPress C14000 - September 17, 2020