Ramsey, NJ, — Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta) is proud to announce the approval and availability of its Dispatcher Paragon secure print release app on Epic’s App Orchard marketplace. Konica Minolta is one of only two print OEMs who can claim this certification, a major endorsement by the dominant electronic health record (EHR) software provider in the healthcare industry.
“The security of health information is a critical issue faced by healthcare organizations today, and we are extremely proud of the efforts and contributions from many team members at Konica Minolta toward the approval and listing of Dispatcher Paragon in the Epic App Orchard, the app marketplace from Epic, the preeminent EHR in the US,” said Joe Cisna, Vertical Solutions Director, Digital Workplace, Konica Minolta. “Inclusion in the App Orchard exemplifies our commitment to innovation and providing healthcare workers with secure print management solutions that improve end-user productivity and ensure organizations have cost control of their printer fleets.”
Patient care, safety and cost are among the top priorities of any healthcare provider organization. Securing patient data has become paramount given the growing cybercrime problem, and exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Hospitals need to safeguard themselves against unpermitted access to printed paper records, while also managing the volume and cost of print. Konica Minolta’s Dispatcher Paragon, now approved for use with Epic, the leading provider of EHR solutions, offers EHR-integrated solutions to these ongoing challenges. With Dispatcher Paragon, healthcare providers will no longer be distracted from their core mission of delivering quality patient care by unmanaged and unsecured print, cumbersome print driver management, excessive print queues and Windows print server maintenance.
Dispatcher Paragon and Epic
Konica Minolta’s Dispatcher Paragon is a print management solution that supports secure pull print workflow directly within the Epic infrastructure, and is designed to increase employee productivity, reduce print-related costs and, above all, provide document security which satisfies HIPAA requirements related to ePHI and PII. Dispatcher Paragon with Epic EHR Print integration ensures document security by authenticating users before they print, copy, scan or fax documents, and provides administrators with full audit capabilities through comprehensive reports on all print services activity by user, the documents printed and the printers used. Additionally, it provides central accounting and audit logs of all print, copy and scan operations, detailed reporting to make users accountable, plus tools to help eliminate waste and encourage responsible behavior. Dispatcher Paragon enables healthcare providers to have accurate reporting of print service activity to meet security and auditing compliance.
The benefits of Dispatcher Paragon with Epic EHR print integration include:
- Managed, secure user access to print and scan devices
- Comprehensive reports that aid in meeting HIPAA and other compliance regulatory requirements for end-to-end security/privacy of all patient-related and other documents
- Pull printing to enable staff to print at any networked printer – ability to scan, copy or fax at any networked printer
- Ability to hold jobs at the printer to satisfy retention policies
- Ability to auto-delete print jobs after a designated interval
- Print job status visibility to the user within Epic
To learn more about Dispatcher Paragon with Epic EHR Print integration, visit us online.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Konica Minolta’s Dispatcher Paragon Approved as Secure Print Release App on the Epic App Orchard - November 19, 2020
- MPS Monitor Announces Integration With Universal Print in Microsoft 365 - November 19, 2020
- Sharp Announces Synappx WorkSpaces for Smarter Office Analytics and Insights - November 19, 2020