PALO ALTO, CA — 08/20/14 — HP today announced financial results for its fiscal 2014 third quarter ended July 31, 2014. Third quarter net revenue of $27.6 billion was up 1% from the prior-year period and up 1% on a constant currency basis.
Third quarter GAAP diluted net earnings per share (EPS) was $0.52, down from $0.71 in the prior-year period and below its previously provided outlook of $0.59 to $0.63. Third quarter non-GAAP diluted net EPS was $0.89, up from $0.86 in the prior-year period and within its previously provided outlook of $0.86 to $0.90. Third quarter non-GAAP net earnings and non-GAAP diluted net EPS exclude after-tax costs of $713 million and $0.37 per diluted share, respectively, related to restructuring charges, the amortization of intangible assets and acquisition-related charges.
"Overall, I'm very pleased with the progress we've made," said Meg Whitman, chairman, president and chief executive officer, HP. "When I look at the way the business is performing, the pipeline of innovation and the daily feedback that I receive from our customers and partners, my confidence in the turnaround grows stronger."
For the fiscal 2014 fourth quarter, HP estimates non-GAAP diluted net EPS to be in the range of $1.03 to $1.07 and GAAP diluted net EPS to be in the range of $0.83 to $0.87. Fiscal 2014 fourth quarter non-GAAP diluted net EPS estimates exclude after-tax costs of approximately $0.20 per share, related primarily to restructuring charges and the amortization of intangible assets.
For fiscal 2014, HP estimates non-GAAP diluted net EPS to be in the range of $3.70 to $3.74 and GAAP diluted net EPS to be in the range of $2.75 to $2.79. Fiscal 2014 non-GAAP diluted net EPS estimates exclude after-tax costs of approximately $0.95 per share, related primarily to restructuring charges and the amortization of intangible assets.
HP generated $3.6 billion in cash flow from operations in the third quarter, up 36% from the prior-year period. Inventory ended the quarter at $6.2 billion, down 1 day year over year to 27 days. Accounts receivable ended the quarter at $14.2 billion, down 1 day year over year to 46 days. Accounts payable ended the quarter at $15.1 billion, up 8 days year over year to 65 days. HP's dividend payment of$0.16 per share in the third quarter resulted in cash usage of $299 million. HP also utilized $582 million of cash during the quarter to repurchase approximately 17.5 million shares of common stock in the open market. HP exited the quarter with $14.8 billion in gross cash.
Fiscal 2014 third quarter segment results
- • Personal Systems revenue was up 12% year over year with a 4.0% operating margin. Commercial revenue increased 14% and Consumer revenue increased 8%. Total units were up 13% with Desktops units up 9% and Notebooks units up 18%.
- • Printing revenue was down 4% year over year with an 18.4% operating margin. Total hardware units were down 5% with Commercial hardware units down 2% and Consumer hardware units down 6%. Supplies revenue was down 5%.
- • Enterprise Group revenue was up 2% year over year with a 14.0% operating margin. Industry Standard Servers revenue was up 9%, Storage revenue was down 4%, Business Critical Systems revenue was down 18%, Networking revenue was up 4% and Technology Services revenue was down 3%.
- • Enterprise Services revenue was down 6% year over year with a 4.1% operating margin. Application and Business Services revenue was down 4% and Infrastructure Technology Outsourcing revenue declined 8%.
- • Software revenue was down 5% year over year with a 21.2% operating margin. License revenue was down 16%, support revenue was flat, professional services revenue was down 3% and software-as-a-service (SaaS) revenue was up 8%.
- • HP Financial Services revenue was down 3% year over year with a 1% increase in net portfolio assets and a 14% increase in financing volume. The business delivered an operating margin of 9.2%.
More information on HP's earnings, including additional financial analysis and an earnings overview presentation, is available on HP's Investor Relations website at www.hp.com/investor/home.
HP's Q3 FY14 earnings conference call is accessible via an audio webcast at www.hp.com/investor/2014Q3webcast.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Centric Business Systems Celebrates 30 Years in Business - September 17, 2020
- Canon U.S.A. Helps Bridge the Document Workflow Divide between the Corporate Office and the Home Office - September 17, 2020
- Konica Minolta Approves RELYCO’s REVLAR Substrates for Use on Its AccurioPress C14000 - September 17, 2020