The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares Brother MFC-L2685DW, the Canon imageCLASS MF113w, the Epson EcoTank ET-M2170, and the HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w.
At an AMPV of 500 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging the manufacturer web site prices for hardware:
The Epson EcoTank ET-M2170 is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $404.96, followed by the HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w with a TCO of $559.89, the Brother MFC-L2685DW with a TCO of $991.86, and the Canon imageCLASS MF113w with a TCO of $1,635.79.
- The Epson EcoTank ET-M2170 uses continuous ink supply system (CISS) technology and the HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w uses new continuous toner supply system (CTSS) technology to offer high supplies yields and low running costs. The Brother MFC-L2685DW and the Canon imageCLASS MF113w use laser marking technology leveraging a traditional cartridge-based system.
- The Brother MFC-L2685DW offers the fastest print speed at 24ppm, followed closely behind by the Canon imageCLASS MF113w at 23ppm. The HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w produces a print speeds of up to 21ppm, followed closely by the Epson EcoTank ET-M2170 at 20ppm.
- The Brother MFC-L2685DW and the Epson EcoTank ET-M2170 come equipped with automatic duplex printing, while the Canon imageCLASS MF113w and the HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w have manual two-sided printing.
- The Epson EcoTank ET-M2170 has the largest input tray capacity at 251 sheets, followed closely by the Brother MFC-L2685DW with 250 sheets. The Canon imageCLASS MF113w and the HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w offer an identical input tray capacity at 150 sheets.
- The HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w has the smallest footprint at 173.0-square-inches, which is 9.3% smaller than the next-smallest system offered by the Canon imageCLASS MF113w at 190.7-square-inches. The Epson EcoTank ET-M2170 has a footprint area of 202.8-square-inches, followed by the Brother MFC-L2685DW at 252.8-square-inches.
- The CISS-based Epson EcoTank ET-2170 leads with its high starter and replacement yields of 6,000 pages for black ink. The CTSS-based HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w ships with next-highest yields at 5,000 pages, while offering a toner replacement yield of up to 2,500 pages. The Brother MFC-L2685DW and the Canon imageCLASS MF113w include a 700 page starter cartridge, but differ in regards to replacement yields as the former model delivers a 2,600 page yield and the latter device offers a 1,600 page yield.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Epson EcoTank ET-M2170: $0.0025
- HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w: $0.0077
- Brother MFC-L2685DW: $0.0281
- Canon imageCLASS MF113w: $0.0486
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - February 17, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Workgroup Color MFPs - January 20, 2021
- gapTCO Comparison of Two A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs Across CPP and CPC Scenarios - November 25, 2020