The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4235, Konica Minolta bizhub 364e, Ricoh MP 3554 and HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 MFP M725dn.
gapTCO includes both printer-based products and copier-based MFP devices and offers two Sales Model types: Cartridge (CPP) and Contract (CPC). CPP rates are based on consumables usage. CPC rates include the cost of all consumables and maintenance and are not impacted by consumable usage.
At an AMPV of 6000 pages, 5% black coverage, five year length of ownership, Manufacturer Web Pricing and Average Public Sector Contract Pricing for hardware:
• The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4235 using Contract CPC is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $6,850.79, followed by Konica Minolta’s bizhub 364e (Contract CPC) with a TCO of $7,206.04, Ricoh’s MP 3554 (Contract CPC; $7,416.80), and the HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 MFP M725dn (Cartridge CPP; $8,373.93).
• The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4235, Konica Minolta bizhub 364e, and HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 MFP M725dn launched in 2013. The Ricoh MP 3554 is the newest product launching in 2014.
• The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4235 offer the greatest max paper capacities in the comparison at 4,980 pages followed by the Ricoh MP 3554 at 4,700 pages, HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 MFP M725dn at 4,600 pages and the Konica Minolta bizhub 364e with a max capacity of 3,650.
• None of the products compared offer WiFi as standard. The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4235, Ricoh MP 3554, and HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 MFP M725dn all offer optional WiFi. The Konica bizhub 364e is the only device compared to not be WiFi compatible.
• The Ricoh MP 3554 is the only device compared to offer the option of parallel connectivity.
• Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
HP LaserJet Enterprise 700 MFP M725dn: $ 0.0135
• Contract Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4235: $ 0.0095
Ricoh MP 3554: $ 0.0097
Konica Minolta bizhub 364e: $0.0099
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A3 Departmental B&W MFPs - March 27, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - February 17, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Workgroup Color MFPs - January 20, 2021