The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5194
Lexmark MS312dn and HP LaserJet Pro M201dw.
At an AMPV of 1,000 pages, 5 percent black coverage, three-year length of ownership, and Manufacturer Website Pricing for hardware
The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5194 is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $703.97, followed by the Lexmark MS312dn with a TCO of $1,248.93, and the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw ($1,670.77).
· The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5194 is the newest product in the comparison, having launched in March 2016, and is also the only inkjet in the comparison.
· The Lexmark MS312dn offers the fastest mono print speed of all products in the comparison (35ppm). The HP LaserJet Pro M201dw offers the second fastest mono speed with 26 ppm print followed by the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5194 with a mono print speed of 20ppm.
· The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5194 has the high print resolution at 1200 x 2400dpi while the Lexmark MS312dn and HP LaserJet Pro M201dw offer a print resolution of 1200 x 1200dpi
· Both the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5194 and HP LaserJet Pro M201dw offer WiFi connectivity, however the Lexmark MS312dn has optional WiFi.
· The Lexmark MS312dn is the only device in the comparison to offer Parallel connectivity.
· The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5194 has the largest consumable replacement cartridge yield of the devices compared at 10,000 pages (ink), followed by the Lexmark MS312dn at 5,000 page replacement cartridge (toner), and the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw (1,500 pages toner).
· Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
· Epson WorkForce Pro WF-M5194: $ 0.0137
· Lexmark MS312dn: $ 0.0292
· HP LaserJet Pro M201dw: $ 0.0409
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.