The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Xerox WorkCentre 3655i/S, HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn, and Samsung SMART ProXpress M4583FX. At an AMPV of 4,000 pages, 5 percent black coverage, four-year length of ownership, and manufacturer website pricing for hardware:
· The Samsung SMART ProXpress M4583FX is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $3,846.94, followed by the HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn with a TCO of $4,999.89, and the Xerox WorkCentre 3655i/S ($5,322.92).
· The Xerox WorkCentre 3655i/Sis the newest product in the comparison, having launched March 2016.
· All of the products compared offer a print speed of 45ppm. The HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn has the fastest first mono print out at 5.9 seconds, followed by the Samsung SMART ProXpress M4583FX at 6.2 seconds and the Xerox WorkCentre 3655i/S at 8 seconds.
· The Xerox WorkCentre 3655i/S and the Samsung SMART ProXpress M4583FX have standard WiFi connectivity, while the HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn only offers optional WiFi connectivity.
· All of the products compared have touchscreen interfaces. The Samsung SMART ProXpress M4583FX has the largest touchscreen interface of the products compared at 10.1 inches, followed by the HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn with an 8 inch touchscreen and the Xerox WorkCentre 3655i/S with a 7 inch touchscreen.
· The HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn is the only device in the comparison to not offer Fax functionality.
· The Samsung SMART ProXpress M4583FX has the largest consumable replacement cartridge yield of the devices compared at 40,000 pages, followed by the Xerox WorkCentre 3655i/S 25,900 page replacement cartridge, and the HP LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn (18,000 pages).
· Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
· Samsung SMART ProXpress M4583FX: $ 0.0107HP
· LaserJet Enterprise MFP M527dn: $0.0167
· Xerox WorkCentre 3655i/S: $0.0168
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Small Workteam B&W MFPs - July 27, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - June 21, 2020
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs - May 20, 2020