The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Dell H825cdw MFP, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw, Samsung ProXpress C3060FW and Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI.
At an AMPV of 4,000 pages, 25 percent color pages, 20 percent color coverage, 5 percent black coverage, five-year length of ownership, and e-commerce pricing for hardware:
- The Dell H825cdw MFP is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $12,361.96 followed by the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw with a TCO of $12,478.10, the Samsung ProXpress C3060FW with a TCO of $12,850.93 and the Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI with a TCO of $13,471.52.
- The devices compared launched in 2015 and 2016. The Dell H825cdw MFP
launched in October 2015, followed by the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw, Samsung ProXpress C3060FW in July 2016 and the Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI is the newest device in the comparison having launched in November 2016.
- The Samsung ProXpress C3060FW has the largest monthly duty of the devices compared at 60,000 pages while the Dell H825cdw MFP, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw and Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI all have with monthly duties of 50,000 pages.
- The Samsung ProXpress C3060FW offers the fastest mono print speed of all products in the comparison (31ppm). The H825cdw MFP and Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI offer the second fastest mono speeds with 30 ppm print followed by the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw with a mono print speed of 28ppm.
- The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw is the only device in the comparison to not offer auto duplex functionality.
- All of the devices compared offer network, gigabit Ethernet and WiFi connectivity. The Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI is the only device to not offer USB Direct Print.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw: $0.0219
- Dell H825cdw MFP: $0.0227
- Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI: $0.0245
- Samsung ProXpress C3060FW: $0.0253
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
- Samsung ProXpress C3060FW: $0.1297
- Dell H825cdw MFP: $0.1305
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw: $0.1359
- Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI: $0.1410
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Workgroup Color MFPs - January 20, 2021
- gapTCO Comparison of Two A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs Across CPP and CPC Scenarios - November 25, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W MFPs - October 28, 2020