The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares the Brother MFC-J470DW, Epson WorkForce WF-2630, HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO, and Canon PIXMA MX492.
At an AMPV of 500, 50% color, 5% black coverage, 20% color coverage, four year length of ownership, Manufacturer Website Pricing for hardware:
- All of the products compared are equally priced at $99.00. The Brother MFC-J470DW is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $1,992.00, followed by the Epson WorkForce WF-2630 with a TCO of $2,914.71, the HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO ($2,956.13), and the Canon PIXMA MX492 ($3,137.80).
- The Brother MFC-J470DW maintains the lowest TCO at AMPV’s above 50 at any length of ownership regardless of color page percentage. In printing environments at or lower than those parameters the HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO has the lowest TCO.
- Brother’s MFC-J470DW was launched in August 2013, has the highest print resolutionand fastest print speed and lowest CPPs of the products compared.
- The Epson WorkForce WF-2630 launched in June 2014 and is the only product compared to offer ARDF and DADF paper handling functionality.
- HP'sOfficejet 4630 e-AiOships with the largest ADF capacity at 35-sheets and provides users with Instant Ink compatibility.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Brother MFC-J470DW : $0.0414
- Epson WorkForce WF-2630: $0.0600
- HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO $0.0666
- Canon PIXMA MX492 $0.0800
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Brother MFC-J470DW : $0.1164
- Epson WorkForce WF-2630: $0.1714
- Canon PIXMA MX492 $0.1733
- HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO $0.1747
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices.