The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Brother HL-L3270CDW, the Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw, the HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw, and the Lexmark C3326dw.
At an AMPV of 500 pages, under a three-year length of ownership, and leveraging manufacturer web site prices for hardware:
The Brother HL-L3270CDW is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $1,808.82, followed by the Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw with a TCO of $1,910.82, the HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw with a TCO of $2,116.02, and the Lexmark C3326dw with a TCO of $2,169.34.
- The Lexmark C3326dw offers the fastest print speeds at 26ppm, followed by the Brother HL-L3270CDW at25ppm. The Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw and the HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw are tied for third place with 22ppm print speeds.
- All devices in the comparison provide standard WiFi connectivity, auto duplex functionality, and a standard input tray capacity of up to 251-sheets.
- The Canon model has the largest memory capacity at 1,000 MB, followed by the Lexmark device at 512 MB. The configurations from Brother and HP both offer a 256 MB memory capacity.
- The Lexmark C3326dw provides the smallest footprint at 251.1 square inches, followed by the HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw at 254.1. The Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw has a 287.2 square inch footprint, and Brother does not currently list dimensions for the HL-L3270CDW.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Brother HL-L3270CDW: $0.0243
- Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw: $0.0280
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw: $0.0323
- Lexmark C3326dw: $0.0335
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Brother HL-L3270CDW: $0.1490
- Canon Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw: $0.1533
- HP Color LaserJet Pro M254dw: $0.1696
- Lexmark C3326dw: $0.1766
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A4 Workgroup and One A4 Small Workteam B&W MFPs - March 23, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Three HP Inkjet AiOs (CISS vs. Cartridge-Based vs. Instant Ink) - February 26, 2020
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Two A3 and Two A4 Workgroup Color MFPs - January 29, 2020