The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Brother MFC-L2750DW XL, the Canon imageCLASS MF269dw Value Pack, the Epson EcoTank ET-M3170, and the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw.
At an AMPV of 350 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging manufacturer web site prices for hardware:
The Epson EcoTank ET-M3170 is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $502.97, followed by the Canon imageCLASS MF269dw Value Pack with a TCO of $828.96, the Brother MFC-L2750DW XL with a TCO of $872.44, and the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw with a TCO of $874.94.
- The Brother MFC-L2750DW XL offers the fastest monochrome print speed at 36ppm, followed by the Canon imageCLASS MF269dw Value Pack and the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw at 30ppm. The Epson EcoTank ET-M3170 offers a 20ppm print speed.
- All devices in the comparison provide standard WiFi connectivity and auto duplex functionality.
- The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw has the largest standard input tray capacity at 260 sheets, while all other models in the comparison offer a 251 sheet capacity.
- The Epson EcoTank ET-M3170 provides the smallest footprint at 202.8 square inches, followed by the Canon imageCLASS MF269dw Value Pack at 246.4, the Brother MFC-L2750DW XL at 252.8, and the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw at 254.4.
- The models from Canon and Epson include a two-year standard warranty, while the devices from Brother and HP offer one year.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Epson EcoTank ET-M3170: $0.0026
- Canon imageCLASS MF269dw Value Pack: $0.0219
- Brother MFC-L2750DW XL: $0.0225
- HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw: $0.0289
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A4 Workgroup B&W MFPs - May 31, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO Color MFPs - April 26, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A3 Departmental B&W MFPs - March 27, 2021