The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Canon imageCLASS LBP227dw, the HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn, the Lexmark B3442dw, and the Xerox Phaser 3330/DNI.
At an AMPV of 1,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) for hardware:
The Xerox Phaser 3330/DNI is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $1,526.95, followed by the Lexmark B3442dw with a TCO of $1,794.89, the HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn with a TCO of $1,944.00, and the Canon imageCLASS LBP227dw with a TCO of $1,949.00.
- The Lexmark B3442dw and the Xerox Phaser 3330/DNI feature 42ppm print speeds, while the Canon imageCLASS LBP227dw and the HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn offer 40ppm print speeds.
- All products in the comparison come equipped with automatic duplex printing capabilities.
- The models from Canon, HP, and Lexmark feature a standard input capacity of 350 sheets and a maximum input capacity of 900 sheets. The Xerox printer is 50 sheets lower for each capacity at 300 sheets standard and 850 sheets maximum. At 65 sheets, the Canon imageCLASS LBP227dw is the only model in the comparison that does not offer a 150 sheet output capacity.
- The Canon imageCLASS LBP227dw is the only SFP in the comparison to provide users with a touchscreen display.
- The Canon imageCLASS LBP227 produces the lowest TEC rating at 0.3 kWh/week. The HP and Lexmark configurations feature a 0.5 rating, followed by the Xerox device at 0.6.
- With regards to footprint, the Lexmark B3442dw has the smallest at 207.4 square inches. The HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn comes in second at 210.0 square inches, followed by the Canon imageCLASS LBP227dw at 252.8 and the Xerox Phaser 3330/DNI at 313.3.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Xerox Phaser 3330/DNI: $0.0198
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M406dn: $0.0222
- Canon imageCLASS LBP227dw: $0.0225
- Lexmark B3442dw: $0.0236
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - February 17, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Workgroup Color MFPs - January 20, 2021
- gapTCO Comparison of Two A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs Across CPP and CPC Scenarios - November 25, 2020