The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Brother HL-L6200DW, the Canon imageCLASS LBP226dw, the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw, and the Lexmark MS431dw.
At an AMPV of 1,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging the manufacturer web site prices for hardware:
The Brother HL-L6200DW is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $1,005.44, followed by the Lexmark MS431dw with a TCO of $1,437.96, the Canon imageCLASS LBP226dw with a TCO of $1,579.00, and the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw with a TCO of $1,660.94.
- The Brother HL-L6200DW offers the fastest print speed at 48ppm, followed by the Lexmark MS431dw at 42ppm. The Canon imageCLASS LBP226dw and the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw are tied for third place with both offering a print speed of 40ppm.
- All products in the comparison come equipped with both automatic duplex printing capabilities and standard WiFi connectivity.
- The Brother HL-L6200DW provides users with the strongest paper handling capabilities with its 570 sheet standard and 1,610 sheet maximum input tray capacities. All other models in the comparison provide standard and maximum paper tray capacities of 350 sheets and 900 sheets, respectively.
- The Lexmark MS431dw offers the smallest footprint at 207.4 square inches, followed closely behind by the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw at 210.9 square inches. The Brother HL-L6200DW offers a footprint of 224.9 square inches, followed by the Canon imageCLASS LBP226dw at 232.3 square inches.
- With regards to TEC ratings, the HP LaserJet Pro M404dw has the lowest value at 0.4 kWh/week. The Lexmark MS431dw comes in second at 0.5 kWh/week, followed by the Canon imageCLASS LBP at 1.0 and the Brother HL-L6200DW at 2.3.
- The Lexmark MS431dw offers the highest-yield toner replacement cartridge at 20,000 pages, followed by the Brother HL-L6200DW at 12,000 pages. The printers from Canon and HP offer replacement yields of up to 10,000 pages.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Brother HL-L6200DW: $0.0126
- Lexmark MS431dw: $0.0190
- HP LaserJet Pro M404dw: $0.0222
- Canon imageCLASS LBP226dw: $0.0225
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - June 21, 2020
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs - May 20, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO B&W MFPs - April 22, 2020