The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 527iFZ, Kyocera ECOSYS M3860idn, Ricoh IM 550F, and the Xerox VersaLink B605/X.
At an AMPV of 4,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging average public sector pricing for hardware:
- The Kyocera ECOSYS M3860idn is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $4,091.87, followed by the Ricoh IM 550F with a TCO of $4,276.75, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 527iFZ with a TCO of $4,839.25, and the Xerox VersaLink B605/X with a TCO of $5,123.00.
- All devices compared offer standard print, copy, scan, and fax functionality.
- The Kyocera ECOSYS M3860idn provides the fastest black print speeds at 62ppm, followed by the Xerox VersaLink B605/X at 58ppm, then the Ricoh IM 550F at 57ppm, and Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 527iFZ with print speeds of 55ppm.
- When comparing duplex scan speeds, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 527iFZ provides the fastest scan speeds at up to 200ipm for black and color images, followed by the Kyocera ECOSYS M3860idn at up to 122ipm for black and 82ipm for color images, then the Ricoh IM 550F at 100ipm for black images and 62ipm for color, and the Xerox VersaLink B605/X with up to 58ipm for black images and 55ipm for color duplex scanning.
- All four devices compared feature a standard DADF with a 100-sheet capacity.
- The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 527iFZ has the largest replacement black toner yield at 51,500 pages, followed by the Xerox VersaLink B605/X with a 46,700 page yield, Kyocera ECOSYS M3860idn with a 40,000 page yield toner, and the Ricoh IM 550F at up to 25,500 pages.
- With respect to finishing, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 527iFZ comes with a standard internal staple finisher, while the Ricoh IM 550F is equipped with a standard convenience stapler. The Kyocera ECOSYS M3860idn and the Xerox VersaLink B605/X are not compatible with finishing options.
- Average Public Sector Contract-Based Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Kyocera ECOSYS M3860idn: $0.0061
- Ricoh IM 550F: $0.0101
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 527iFZ: $0.0105
- Xerox VersaLink B605/X: $0.0123
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A4 Workgroup B&W MFPs - May 31, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO Color MFPs - April 26, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A3 Departmental B&W MFPs - March 27, 2021