The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s comparison includes the Kyocera ECOSYS M3540idn, Ricoh MP 501SPF, Ricoh MP 601SPF, and the Sharp MX-B455W.
At an AMPV of 5,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging private sector pricing for hardware:
The Ricoh MP 601SPF is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $5,369, followed by the Kyocera ECOSYS M3540idn with a TCO of $6,406, the Ricoh MP 501SPF with a TCO of $6,565, and the Sharp MX-B455W with a TCO of $6,893.
- The Ricoh MP 601SPF has the lowest average private sector hardware price at $2,549, followed by the Sharp MX-B455W at $2,693, the Ricoh MP 501SPF at $2,725, and the Kyocera ECOSYS M3540idn with the highest hardware price at $3,106.
- All devices compared offer standard print, copy, and scan functionality. The Kyocera ECOSYS M3540idn, Ricoh MP 501SPF, and Ricoh MP 601SPF offer fax as a standard feature, while the Sharp MX-B455W maintains fax as optional.
- The Ricoh MP 601SPF offers the fastest black print speeds at 62ppm, followed by the Ricoh MP 501SPF at 52ppm, and the Sharp MX-B455W at 45ppm, while the Kyocera ECOSYS M3540idn offers the slowest print speeds at 42ppm for black pages.
- The Kyocera ECOSYS M3540idn, Ricoh MP 501SPF, and the Ricoh MP 601SPF provide users with identical (and the largest) maximum input capacity at 2,600 sheets, while the Sharp MX-B455W provides a reduced maximum input capacity of 2,350 sheets.
- The Sharp MX-B455W offers the largest maximum memory at 5GB, while the three other devices, including the Kyocera ECOSYS M3540idn, Ricoh MP 501SPF, and Ricoh MP 601SPF provide 2GB maximum memory.
- Contract-Based Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Ricoh MP 601SPF: $0.0094
- Kyocera ECOSYS M3540idn: $0.0110
- Ricoh MP 501SPF: $0.0128
- Sharp MX-B455W: $0.0140
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A3 Departmental B&W MFPs - March 27, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - February 17, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Workgroup Color MFPs - January 20, 2021