The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Ricoh IM C3500, Xerox AltaLink C8035H, Ricoh IM C4500, and the Toshiba e-STUDIO4515AC.
At an AMPV of 8,000 pages, under a three-year length of ownership, and leveraging average private sector pricing for hardware:
The Ricoh IM C4500 is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $11,576.62, followed by the Toshiba e-STUDIO4515AC with a TCO of $ 11,686.25, the Xerox AltaLink C8035H with a TCO of $ 11,840.64, and the Ricoh IM C3500 with a TCO of $13,410.88.
- All devices compared offer standard print, copy, and scan functionality, while fax is offered as an optional feature across all four models.
- The Ricoh IM C4500 and Toshiba e-STUDIO4515AC offer the fastest black and color print speeds at 45ppm, while the Ricoh IM C3500 and Xerox AltaLink C8035H both offer slower print speeds at 35ppm.
- When comparing duplex scan speeds, the Ricoh IM C3500, Ricoh IM C4500, and the Toshiba e-STUDIO4515AC provide the fastest scan speeds at up to 240ipm for black and color images (simplex for all three models is up to 120ipm), followed by the Xerox AltaLink C8035H at 139ipm for black and color images (simplex speeds up to 80ipm).
- The Xerox AltaLink C8035H provides users with the largest maximum input capacity at 5,140 sheets, followed by the Ricoh IM C4500 at 4,700 sheets, the Toshiba e-STUDIO4515AC at 3,200 sheets, and the Ricoh IM C3500 with a maximum input capacity of 2,300 sheets.
- The Toshiba e-STUDIO4515AC provides the largest overall toner yields at 38,400 black pages / 33,600 color pages, followed by the Ricoh IM C4500 with 33,000 pages for the black toner / 22,500 pages for each color toner, then the Ricoh IM C3500 with 31,000 pages for black / 19,000 color pages, and lastly the Xerox AltaLink C8035H has the smallest replacement toner yields at 26,000 pages for black / 15,000 pages color.
- Average Public Sector Contract-Based Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Xerox AltaLink C8035H: $0.0083
- Ricoh IM C4500: $0.0084
- Toshiba e-STUDIO4515AC: $0.0095
- Ricoh IM C3500: $0.0111
- Average Public Sector Contract-Based Color CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Toshiba e-STUDIO4515AC: $0.0509
- Xerox AltaLink C8035H: $0.0527
- Ricoh IM C4500: $0.0545
- Ricoh IM C3500: $0.0658
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs - June 24, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A4 Workgroup B&W MFPs - May 31, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO Color MFPs - April 26, 2021