The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i III, Kyocera TASKalfa 7002i, Ricoh MP 6503, and the Toshiba e-STUDIO6518A.
At an AMPV of 15,000 pages, under a three-year length of ownership, and leveraging public sector pricing for hardware:
The Toshiba e-STUDIO6518A is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $9,781.10, followed by the Kyocera TASKalfa 7002i with a TCO of $10,742.00, the Ricoh MP 6503 with a TCO of $11,190.26, and the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i III with a TCO of $11,436.33.
- All devices compared offer standard print, copy, and scan functionality with fax as an optional feature.
- The Kyocera TASKalfa 7002i offers the fastest monochrome print speeds at 70ppm, while the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i III, Ricoh MP 6503, and Toshiba e-STUDIO6518A offer slightly slower monochrome print speeds at 65ppm.
- The Toshiba e-STUDIO6518A offers the fastest duplex scan speeds at 240pm for both black and color images. The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i III provides the second fastest duplex scan speeds at 240ipm for black and 220ipm for color images followed by the Kyocera TASKalfa 7002i and Ricoh MP 6503 with black and color duplex scan speeds at 220ipm.
- The Ricoh MP 6503 provides users with the largest maximum input capacity at 8,300 pages, followed by the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i III at 7,700 pages, Kyocera TASKalfa 7002i at 7,650 pages, and then the Toshiba e-STUDIO6518A at 6,020 pages.
- The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i III, Ricoh MP 6503, and Toshiba e-STUDIO6518A devices feature 10.1-inch color touchscreen displays, while the Kyocera TASKalfa 7002i has the smallest color touch display at 9.0-inches.
- Contract-Based Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Ricoh MP 6503: $0.0051
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i III: $0.0052
- Kyocera TASKalfa 7002i: $0.0057
- Toshiba e-STUDIO6518A: $0.0071
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A4 Workgroup and One A4 Small Workteam B&W MFPs - March 23, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Three HP Inkjet AiOs (CISS vs. Cartridge-Based vs. Instant Ink) - February 26, 2020
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Two A3 and Two A4 Workgroup Color MFPs - January 29, 2020