The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank,Brother MFC-J485DW, HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO and Canon PIXMA MX492.
At an AMPV of 500 pages, 60% color, 5% black coverage, 20% color coverage, three year length of ownership, and Manufacturer Web Pricing for hardware:
• The Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $506.94, followed by Brother’s MFC-J485DW with a TCO of $1,160.58, the HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO ($2,404.30), and the Canon PIXMA MX492 ($2,771.05).
• The Brother MFC-J485DW, HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO, and Canon PIXMA MX492 all have the same Manufacturer Web hardware pricing at $99.00. The Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank has the highest hardware cost at $429.00
• The Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank has the lowest black and color CPP, and highest page yield of the products compared. Unlike traditional cartridge-based inkjets, the WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank enables customers to refill the ink reservoirs as needed.
• The Brother MFC-J485DW and Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank are the only devices in the comparison to offer PC Fax functionality.
• All of the devices compared have a 100 page max paper capacity, and all except the Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank can auto duplex.
• The HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO is the only device to have not launched this year. (August 2013)
• Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
o Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank: $0.0022
o Brother MFC-J485DW: $0.0250
o HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO: $0.0658
o Canon PIXMA MX492: $0.0885
• Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
o Epson WorkForce ET-4500 EcoTank: $0.00580
o Brother MFC-J485DW: $0.0816
o HP Officejet 4630 e-AiO: $0.1696
o Canon PIXMA MX492: $0.1884
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO Color MFPs - August 27, 2020
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Small Workteam B&W MFPs - July 27, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - June 21, 2020