The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Brother MFC-L3770CDW, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw, the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw, and the Lexmark MC3426adw.
At an AMPV of 500 pages with 50% of the pages printed in color, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging the manufacturer web site prices for hardware:
The Lexmark MC3426adw is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $2,607.85, followed by the Brother MFC-L3770CDW with a TCO of $3,175.19, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw with a TCO of $ $3,240.00, and the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw with a TCO of $3,266.72.
- The Lexmark MC3426adw offers the fastest print speeds at 26ppm, followed by the Brother MFC-L3770CDW at 25ppm. The Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw and the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw are tied for third place with both offering print speeds at 22ppm.
- All products in the comparison come equipped with both automatic duplex printing capabilities and standard WiFi connectivity.
- Overall, the Lexmark MC3426adw provides users with the strongest paper handling capabilities with its 251 sheet standard and 751 sheet maximum input tray capacities. The Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw offers 251 sheet standard and maximum input tray capacities, while the Brother MFC-L3770CDW and the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw both offer standard and maximum paper tray capacities of up to 250 sheets.
- The Lexmark MC3426adw is the only device in the comparison that offers single-pass duplex scanning, and the model comes equipped with 50 sheet DADF capacity. All other models provide a 50 sheet ADF capacity and scan only one side of a page in a single pass.
- With regards to footprint, the Lexmark MC3426dw has the smallest at 251.1 square inches. The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw comes in second at 273.9 square inches, followed by the Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw at 278.9 square inches and the Brother MFC-L3770CDW at 322.0 square inches.
- The Lexmark MC3426dw offers the highest-yield toner replacement cartridges at 4,500 pages black and 4,500 pages color. The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw comes in second with toner replacement yields of up to 3,150 pages black and 2,450 pages color, followed by the Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw with 3,100 pages black and 2,300 pages color then the Brother MFC-L3770CDW at 3,000 pages black and 2,300 pages color.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Lexmark MC3426adw: $0.0208
- Brother MFC-L3770CDW: $0.0250
- Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw: $0.0282
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw: $0.0317
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Lexmark MC3426adw: $0.1198
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw: $0.1529
- Brother MFC-L3770CDW: $0.1601
- Canon Color imageCLASS MF644Cdw: $0.1612
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A3 Departmental B&W MFPs - March 27, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - February 17, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Workgroup Color MFPs - January 20, 2021