The gapTCO tool is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s installment compares the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6780i, Konica Minolta bizhub 750i, and the Kyocera TASKalfa 8003i.
At an AMPV of 10,000 pages, under a five-year length of ownership, and leveraging average public sector pricing for hardware:
- The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6780i is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $12,110.48, followed by the Konica Minolta bizhub 750i with a TCO of $ 13,335.33, and the Kyocera TASKalfa 8003i with a TCO of $ 14,163.66.
- All devices compared offer standard print, copy, and scan functionality, while fax is offered as an optional feature across all three models.
- The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6780i and Kyocera TASKalfa 8003i provide the fastest black print speeds at 80ppm, while the Konica Minolta bizhub 750i provides slightly slower print speeds at 75ppm.
- When comparing duplex scan speeds, the Konica Minolta 750i provides the fastest scan speeds at up to 280ipm for black and color images, followed by the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6780i at up to 270ipm for black and color images, and the Kyocera TASKalfa 8003i with up to 220ipm for duplex scanning.
- The Konica Minolta bizhub 750i provides users with the largest DADF capacity at 300 sheets, followed by the Kyocera TASKalfa 8003i at up to 270 sheets, and the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6780i with a DADF capacity of 200 sheets.
- The Kyocera TASKalfa 8003i has the largest replacement black toner yield at 70,000 pages, followed by the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6780i with 56,000 pages for the black toner, and the Konica Minolta bizhub 750i at up to 45,000 pages.
- With respect to power-related specifications, the Konica Minolta bizhub 750i has the lowest TEC rating of 1.1 kW/week, then the Kyocera TASKalfa 8003i with 1.5 kW/week, and the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6780i at 1.7 kW/week.
- Average Public Sector Contract-Based Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 6780i: $0.0045
- Konica Minolta bizhub 750i: $0.0055
- Kyocera TASKalfa 8003i: $0.0055
Screenshot of gapTCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Workgroup Color MFPs - July 22, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs - June 24, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A4 Workgroup B&W MFPs - May 31, 2021