The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Kodak Verite 65 XL Plus, HP Envy 4520 AiO, Canon PIXMA TS8020 and Epson Expression Home XP-440
At an AMPV of 150 pages, 65 percent color pages, 20 percent color coverage, 5 percent black coverage, four-year length of ownership, and retail pricing:
- The Kodak Verite 65 XL Plus is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $578.84, followed by Canon PIXMA TS8020 with a TCO of $948.61, Epson Expression Home XP-440 ($1,053.53), and the HP Envy 4520 AiO ($1,085.21).
- The Epson Expression Home XP-440 is the newest device in the comparison launching in March 2017, followed by Canon PIXMA TS8020 (December 2016), Kodak Verite 65 XL Plus (November 2016) and HP Envy 4520 AiO (September 2015).
- All devices in the comparison offer network connectivity, Wi-Fi and mobile print. The Kodak Verite 65 XL Plus and Canon PIXMA TS8020 are the only products in the comparison to offer NFC connectivity. While the Canon PIXMA TS8020 and Epson Expression Home XP-440 are the only devices in the comparison allowing for Memory Card connectivity.
- The Canon PIXMA TS8020 has the largest maximum input capacity in the comparison at 225 pages, 125 pages more than the maximum paper input capacity for the Kodak Verite 65 XL Plus, HP Envy 4520 AiO and Epson Expression Home XP-440, all with 100 pages.
- The Canon Canon PIXMA TS8020 is the only device in the comparison to offer a touchscreen display.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
- Kodak Verite 65 XL Plus: $0.0375
- Canon PIXMA TS8020: $0.0541
- Epson Expression Home XP-440: $0.0603
- HP Envy 4520 AiO: $0.0708
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment are as follows:
- Kodak Verite 65 XL Plus: $0.0888
- Canon PIXMA TS8020: $0.1524
- HP Envy 4520 AiO : $0.1785
- Epson Expression Home XP-440: $0.1801
(click to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO Color MFPs - April 26, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A3 Departmental B&W MFPs - March 27, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - February 17, 2021