The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Kyocera TASKalfa 5002i, Samsung SMART MultiXpress K7500GX, Ricoh MP 5055 and Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4551i.
gapTCO includes both printer-based products and copier-based MFP devices and offers two Sales Model types: Cartridge (CPP) and Contract (CPC). CPP rates are based on consumables usage. CPC rates include the cost of all consumables and maintenance and are not impacted by consumable usage.
At an AMPV of 12,500 pages, 5 percent black coverage, four-year length of ownership, Average Public Sector Contract Pricing for hardware:
- The Kyocera TASKalfa 5002i (Contract CPP) is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $9,170.70, followed by the Samsung SMART MultiXpress K7500GX (Usage Based CPP) with a TCO of $9,253.80, Ricoh MP 5055 (Contract CPC; $9,806.67), and the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4551i (Cartridge CPP; $9,922.50).
- The Ricoh MP 5055 is the newest device in the comparison launching in February 2017, followed by Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4551i (January 2017), Kyocera TASKalfa 5002i (September 2016) and Samsung SMART MultiXpress K7500GX (July 2015).
- The products compared range in MSRP from $22,601.00 (Samsung SMART MultiXpress K7500GX) to $9,545.00 (Kyocera TASKalfa 5002i).
- The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4551i has the fastest mono print speed in the comparison at 51ppm, 1ppm faster than the Kyocera TASKalfa 5002i, Samsung SMART MultiXpress K7500GX, Ricoh MP 5055, all with 50ppm.
- All devices in the comparison have color touchscreen displays of similar size. The Samsung SMART MultiXpress K7500GX, Ricoh MP 5055, and Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4551i offer a 10.1 inch touchscreen display, followed by the Kyocera TASKalfa 5002i with a 9 inch touchscreen display.
- The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4551i is the only device in the comparison to offer Wi-Fi connectivity as a standard feature.
- Usage-based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Samsung SMART MultiXpress K7500GX: $0.0043
- Contract Black CPCs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Ricoh MP 5055: $0.0073
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4551i: $0.0083
- Kyocera TASKalfa 5002i: $0.0089
(click to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices.