The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640; HP PageWide MFP 377dw; Brother MFC-L8610CDW; and Canon imageCLASS MF731Cdw.
At an AMPV of 1,500 pages, three-year length of ownership, and manufacturer website pricing for hardware:
• The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640 is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $2,243.40, followed by the HP PageWide MFP 377dw with a TCO of $2,318.76, Brother MFC-L8610CDW ($2,979.28), and the Canon imageCLASS MF731Cdw ($3,394.66).
• The Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640 and HP PageWide MFP 377dw are both inkjet devices. The Brother MFC-L8610CDW and Canon imageCLASS MF731Cdw are both laser devices.
• The Brother MFC-L8610CDW has the fastest print speed of the devices compared at 33 ppm, followed by the HP PageWide MFP 377dw at 30 ppm, Canon imageCLASS MF731Cdw (28ppm) and Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640 (20 ppm).
All devices compared offer Wi-Fi connectivity. The Canon imageCLASS MF731Cdw is the only device in the comparison to not offer fax functionality.
The Canon imageCLASS MF731Cdw is the newest device in the comparison launching in April 2017, followed by Brother MFC-L8610CDW (March 2017), HP PageWide MFP 377dw (June 2016) and Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640 (April 2014).
Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
• Brother MFC-L8610CDW: $0.0154
• Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640: $0.0175
• HP PageWide MFP 377dw: $0.0175
• Canon imageCLASS MF731Cdw: $0.0225
Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
• HP PageWide MFP 377dw: $0.0842
• Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640: $0.0850
• Brother MFC-L8610CDW: $0.1208
• Canon imageCLASS MF731Cdw: $0.1389
(click to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W MFPs - October 28, 2020
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Small Workteam Color MFPs - September 24, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO Color MFPs - August 27, 2020