The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Ricoh SP 4510SF, Canon imageCLASS MF525dw, Xerox VersaLink B405DN and Lexmark MX617de.
At an AMPV of 3,500 pages, three year length of ownership, and e-commerce pricing for hardware:
- The Ricoh SP 4510SF is the winning product with the lowest TCO of $2,141.01, followed by the Canon imageCLASS MF525dw with a TCO of $2,533.94, Xerox VersaLink B405DN ($2,822.44), and the Lexmark MX617de ($2,993.73).
- The Lexmark MX617de has the fastest black and white print speed of the devices compared at 50ppm, followed by the Xerox VersaLink B405DN at 47ppm, Canon imageCLASS MF525dw (45ppm) and Ricoh SP 4510SF (42ppm).
- All devices compared offer USB Direct Print, network and gigabit ethernet connectivity standard. The Canon imageCLASS MF525dw and Xerox VersaLink B405DN offer WiFi as a standard feature. The Ricoh SP 4510SF and Lexmark MX617de offer WiFi connectivity as an optional function.
- The Canon imageCLASS MF525dw is the newest device in the comparison, launching in March 2018. The Xerox VersaLink B405DN and Lexmark MX617de both launched in early 2017 and the Ricoh SP 4510SF in 2015.
- All devices compared offer color touchscreen displays. The Lexmark MX617de is offers the largest touchscreen display in the comparison at 7 inches, followed by the Canon imageCLASS MF525dw and Xerox VersaLink B405DN both with 5-inch color touchscreen displays and the Ricoh SP 4510SF with a 4.3-inch color touchscreen.
- The Xerox VersaLink B405DN is the only device in the comparison to offer finishing functionality as a standard feature.
- All devices compared are auto duplex capable. The Canon imageCLASS MF525dw is the only device in the comparison to feature a DADF, the Ricoh SP 4510SF, Xerox VersaLink B405DN and Lexmark MX617de all utilize an ARDF.
- Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest are as follows:
- Ricoh SP 4510SF: $0.0105
- Canon imageCLASS MF525dw: $0.0128
- Lexmark MX617de: $0.0155
- Xerox VersaLink B405DN: $0.0157
(click to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - June 21, 2020
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs - May 20, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO B&W MFPs - April 22, 2020