Executive Corner With Jerry Blaine
Jerry Blaine, CEO of LDI Color ToolBox, shares some thoughts and insights with The Imaging Channel.
By Katherine Fernelius
What is your current state of mind?
As always, somewhat chaotic but focused and on course.
What is the greatest challenge you face today?
There are many challenges. It would be too difficult to rank them.
What do you see as your biggest opportunity?
Leading the market to an integrated output technology and managed services program.
What qualities do you look for when making key hires?
Solid citizens who are self-motivated, respectful and have a sense of humor.
What would you consider your greatest achievement?
Achieving a sustainable balance in family, community and business.
If your customers were to describe your company in three words, what would they be?
I hope they feel we are professional, accessible and knowledgeable.
Where are you investing the most within your company this year?
What is your greatest concern for this industry?
Moving from innovation and value adds to commoditization.
Who are your favorite writers?
Maureen Dowd and Thomas Friedman.
Why do you hold your current business position today?
It’s where I want to be.
Do trends exist in this industry?
I believe they do, to the extent that there is client demand.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Let me repeat for emphasis sake.
What is your favorite quote?
I have 2:
1) “Five minutes early is 10 minutes late.” (I believe that was Vince Lombardi)
2) “Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.” (I believe that’s original)
This article originally appeared in the April 2013 issue of The Imaging Channel.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Konica Minolta Partners with Loadbalancer.org for Workflow and MPS Applications - January 6, 2021
- Canon U.S.A., Inc., is Honored with Two 2020 ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards - January 5, 2021
- Epson Announces New Desktop Document Scanners Designed for Maximum Productivity and Seamless Organization - January 5, 2021