The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares the Ricoh SP C252SF MFP, HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476dw and Samsung Xpress SL-C1860FW.
At an average monthly page volume (AMPV) of 1,000, 25 percent color pages, 5 percent black coverage, 20 percent color coverage, four-year length of ownership and Manufacturer Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP):
- The Ricoh SP C252SF MFP takes the top spot with the lowest TCO of $2,625.27, followed by the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476dw with a TCO of $3,944.13, and the Samsung Xpress SL-C1860FW with a TCO of $4,355.99.
- The Ricoh SP C252SF MFP has the highest MSRP of the compared products at $899.00 and the lowest TCO. While the Samsung Xpress SL-C1860FW has the lowest MSRP at $642.99 and the highest TCO.
At an AMPV of 1,000 and higher the Ricoh SP C252SF MFP continues to hold the lowest TCO regardless of changes to the print environment.
All products compared were launched in February or April of 2014 and have similar print speeds ranging from 19-21ppm.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Ricoh SP C252SF MFP: $0.0192
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476dw: $0.0257
- Samsung Xpress SL-C1860FW: $0.0371
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Ricoh SP C252SF MFP: $0.0862
- HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476dw: $0.1794
- Samsung Xpress SL-C1860FW: $0.1981
Click any image to enlarge
Screenshot of gap TCO
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 SOHO Color MFPs - April 26, 2021
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Three A3 Departmental B&W MFPs - March 27, 2021
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - February 17, 2021