gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month we show a comparison of four A4 Color Multi-Function Printers: The Dell C2665dnf MFP, HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn, OKI Data MC562w MFP, and Samsung CLX-6260FD.
- Dell C2665dnf MFP
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn
- OKI Data MC562w MFP
- Samsung CLX-6260FD
At an AMPV of 4,000, length of ownership of 4 years, and using Ecommerce Price for hardware:
- OKI Data’s MC562w MFP is the winning printer with the lowest TCO of $15,563.69, followed in order by the Dell C2665dnf MFP ($16,027.06), the Samsung CLX-6260FD ($16,241.56) and the HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn ($18,924.40)
- The Dell C2665dnf MFP allows mobile device users to connect via integrated NFC from Windows 8.1 mobile devices; OKI Data MC562w MFP is equipped with WiFi, which is supplemented with support for Apple AirPrint and other compatible third party apps via OKI Data’s MotionPrint.
- The HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn only places first or second in TCO when printing a low AMPV under 450 in conjunction with an increased length of ownership.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Samsung CLX-6260FD: $0.0259
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn: $0.0260
- Dell C2665dnf MFP: $0.0275
- OKI Data MC562w MFP: $0.0280
Only adjusting AMPV and maintaining all other printing environment parameters, the OKI Data MC562w maintains the winning (lowest TCO) up to a length of ownership of 4 years
Lifetime TCO Graph
Screenshot (compressed) of gapTCO.com
|CLX-6260FD||MC562w MFP||LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn||C2665dnf MFP|
|Product Type||A4 Sm. Workteam||A4 Sm. Workteam||A4 SOHO CLR MFP||A4 SOHO CLR MFP|
|Market Segment||A4 SWT CLR||A4 SWT CLR||A4 SOHO CLR||A4 SOHO CLR|
|Launch Date||July 2012||June 2013||January 2012||October 2013|
|Letter BW Print Speed||25.0||31.0||21.0||28.0|
|Letter Color Print Speed||25.0||27.0||21.0||28.0|
|Monthly Duty (images)||60000||60000||40000||50000|
|Processor Speed (MHz)||533||533||600||525|
|Hard Disk Drive||n/a||N||n/a||N|
|Std RAM (Mb)||512.0||256.0||192.0||512.0|
|BW Scan Speed||20.0||30.0||11.5||n/a|
|Color Scan Speed||20.0||20.0||4.5||n/a|
|Color Print Resolution||9600×600||1200×600||600×600||600×600|
gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. gapTCO is powered by Gap Intelligence, a San Diego-based market research firm that focuses on the imaging, IT and consumer electronics industries to bring up to the minute market intelligence.
The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices.