The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month’s edition compares the Ricoh SP 4510SF, Lexmark MX510de MFP, Xerox WorkCentre 3615/DN, HP LaserJet Pro 500 MFP M521dn.
At an AMPV of 5,000 pages, 5% black coverage, five year length of ownership, E-commerce pricing for hardware, and including paper cost ($.006/sheet):
The Ricoh SP 4510SFis the winning product with the lowest TCO of $6,555.12, followed by the Lexmark MX510de MFPwith a TCO of $7,822.68, Xerox WorkCentre 3615/DN ($8,096.97), and HP LaserJet Pro 500 MFP M521dn($8,121.76).
All of the products compared have a letter print speed of 42PPM or greater, are Energy Star compliant, and have a touch screen of 3.5inches or larger.
- The Ricoh SP 4510SF is the newest of the products compared and is the only product to offer a Cloud Solution Platform and HDD encryption. The Ricoh SP 4510SF is also the only product to not offer USB Direct Print connectivity.
- At AMPVs above 500 pages, the Ricoh SP 4510SF maintains the winning TCO regardless of length of ownership, black coverage and including or excluding the cost of paper.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Ricoh SP 4510SF: $0.0129
- Xerox WorkCentre 3615/DN: $0.0172
- Lexmark MX510de MFP: $0.0181
- HP LaserJet Pro 500 MFP M521dn: $0.0182
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
For more information, visit gap intelligence.
Latest posts by gap intelligence (see all)
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A3 Small Workteam B&W MFPs - July 27, 2020
- gapTCO CPP Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam B&W SFPs - June 21, 2020
- gapTCO CPC Comparison of Four A4 Small Workteam Color MFPs - May 20, 2020