The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices. This month's edition compares four A4 business color inkjet MFPs: Brother MFC-J870DW, Canon PIXMA MX532, HP OfficeJet 5740, and Epson WorkForce WF-2660.
At an AMPV of 1,000, 45% color pages, 5% black coverage, 25% color coverage, three year length of ownership and Manufacturer Web Site Pricing for hardware,
- The Brother MFC-J870DW takes the top spot with the lowest TCO of $3,271.24, followed by the Canon PIXMA MX532 with a TCO of $4,223.82, the HP OfficeJet 5740 with a TCO of $4,403.84, and the Epson WorkForce WF-2660 with a TCO of $4,841.85.
- All products compared have the same Manufacturer Web Site price of $149.00.
Maintaining the print environment, regardless of length of ownership (ranging from 1-5 years) the Brother MFC-J870DW holds the lowest TCO.
- The Canon PIXMA MX532 has the second lowest TCO in the comparison, but the highest black CPP of the products compared.
- Epson’s WorkForce WF-2660 is the manufacturer’s first model to offer NFC connectivity as a standard feature. The Brother MFC-J870DW is the only other product in the comparison to also offer NFC connectivity.
- Usage-Based Black CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Brother MFC-J870DW: $0.0443
- HP OfficeJet 5740: $0.0651
- Epson WorkForce WF-2660: $0.0666
- Canon PIXMA MX532: $0.0707
- Usage-Based Color CPPs for this specific printing environment, lowest to highest, are as follows:
- Brother MFC-J870DW: $0.1386
- Canon PIXMA MX532: $0.1651
- HP OfficeJet 5740: $0.1831
- Epson WorkForce WF-2660: $0.2082
(Click any image to enlarge)
Screenshot of gap TCO
The gapTCO is an intuitive, graphical user experience designed to allow simple and easy analysis of the Total Cost of Ownership of printer and MFP devices.